Hi Friends! I’m Lisa, the maker, email answerer, designer & operator of this wee shop. Thanks so much for stopping by. I look forward to getting to know you and learning a bit more about your Big Day, but for now, here’s a bit about me.
I grew up in small town South Western Ontario, moved to the big city, travelled (a lot more than my parents would have liked), and then ventured back to the small town life. My hubs and I are working to bring an old farm back to life outside of Burk’s Falls Ontario.
I have a commerce degree in Marketing Management from the University of Guelph. It was here I learned a lot about learning. Something I still do every day. I am always working hard to grow, improve my offerings and put out the best services possible.
My passion for graphic design started in a Marketing Position for Fairmont Hotels. Learning to format brochures, menus and website details was the beginning of Desine. Otherwise, I am a self taught designer (with a bit of good DNA from my momma who is a very talented artist).
I had known for a long time I wanted to be self-employed. Being fiercely independent made working a standard 9-5 a challenge. In 2013 (with the incredible support of my husband Brad) I quit my day job and jumped into entrepreneurship feet first. Years later, a lot has changed, but the continued support from family and friends is what keeps me trucking!
Let’s Get Personal
Here are a few random and fun facts you ought to know.
- I love anything in noodle form. Give me a plate of pasta and you have my heart.
- I grew up riding horses, and someday hope to get back in the saddle.
- I have future prospects to be a full time hobby farmer. (Don’t worry, I’ll still design on the side.)
- My husband and I met in a bar, fell in love and still look at each other with twinkle eyes most days
- I am Momma to two beautiful boys. When you support small shops like mine, be happy in knowing you are literally supporting a family!
From the bottom of my heart, thank you so much for choosing Desine. Each client, each order and each new relationship brings so much joy to our household. We look forward to helping you celebrate your milestones with all the pretty paper!